The Stone Gate Resort continues to adjust operations as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves. Measures have been implemented to safeguard the health of its guests and employees alike, and include:
- Adopting sanitizing protocols and increased sanitation frequencies based on guidance documents aimed at the hospitality industry from Warren County, New York State, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Updating housekeeping procedures and techniques for hotel rooms, cabins, and all public indoor and outdoor common areas including:
- Adopting the use of EPA-approved anti-microbials and disinfectants for all housekeeping and maintenance functions,
- Training housekeeping staff on enhanced cleaning procedures that avoid contaminating clean surfaces, linens, and amenities, and
- Cleaning hard surfaces throughout the property with EPA-approved virucides (doorknobs, handrails, outdoor lounge furniture, ice machines, etc.) multiple times daily, and
- The removal of non-essential items inside accommodations (i.e. phones, alarm clocks, etc.).
All indoor and outdoor swimming pools and recreational aquatic spray grounds that are subject to the operating conditions defined in New York State Sanitary Code are permitted to operate for members of the public during the COVID-19 public health emergency so long as individuals of the public adhere to the following NYSDOH restrictions:
- Individuals must always maintain a distance of at least six (6) feet from other individuals, unless they are members of the same household or family unit, or safety or the core activity requires a shorter distance.
- Any time individuals are within six (6) feet of individuals outside of their family unit and not in the water, they must wear an acceptable face covering that covers both the nose and mouth. Individuals must be prepared to don a face covering if another person unexpectedly comes within six (6) feet.
- The maximum size of any single group of people is ten (10) or fewer individuals; however, there may be more than one group on premise or in water so long as they are able to be separated by at least six (6) feet. Occupancy of pool and pool deck should be limited to the number of individuals and groups who can be safely and appropriate spaced such that each individual and group is at least six (6) feet away from others.
- Individuals must stay out of the pool area if they have symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID19 within the last 14 days, or were exposed through close contact to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.